The REEL GREEN BC
Forum at the Morris J. Wosk Centre for Dialogue
on October 24, 2007 was a huge success
. The forum drew 145 participants
from various sectors of the motion picture production industry as well as environmental
and sustainability partners
from throughout our communities.
The session provided a great opportunity
for BC's motion picture industry to share green initiatives
and discuss the actions that can be taken to reduce
the entertainment industry’s environmental impact
in British Columbia. The following action items
were identified to move REEL GREEN BC
- Directory of environmentally sustainable sector companies and services.
- Motion Picture Reuse Cooperative and Materials Exchange Website.
- Parking hubs and temporary grid power drop strategy.
- Assessment of environmental standards and measures for entertainment production companies.
- Compliance and Certification.
- Wikki or Blog Site for sharing of best practices.
A big thank you
goes out to our keynote speaker, Shelley Billik
, VP of Environmental Initiatives at Warner Bros and to all of the panelists including:Eleanor O’Connor
– Paramount Production Support Warren Carr
– Vancouver based Producer Peter Mitchell
– Vancouver Film StudiosAlex Tkach
– Northwest Imaging and FXBob Purdy
– Fraser Basin Council Alison Setton
- Hydrogen & Fuel Cells CanadaBrock MacDonald
– Recycling Council of BCAnneke Rees
– Habitat for Humanity Society Charlotte Mitha
- Field Operations, BC HydroRobert Falls
- ERA Ecosystem Restoration Associates
The forum demonstrated
that by working together, sharing best practices, creating awareness, and TAKING ACTION
, the industry has the ability to create positive change
. With your commitment, action and leadership, BC can become the most environmentally sustainable
entertainment production centre in the world.
To learn more about environmental best practices
in BC's motion picture industry or for further information about REEL GREEN BC
, please contact Gordon Hardwick
at (604) 660-1406 or visit Reel Green BC